Our Privacy Principles
- What you share information with TellZen that is private to you, and/or your Organization. That is, only authenticated users of an organization or specific group may view or access the information, dashboard analysis and reports shared within that organization or specific group.
- TellZen is the custodian of information sent via organization employee, contractors or partners in confidence that use TellZen. We don’t own company, group and user report data. They own their data.
- Privacy is related to security and confidentiality. They are important to us and we have built our product and company on taking them seriously.
Updated: January 1,2018
This policy describes how TellZen treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using TellZen in a workplace, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of data, and content which may apply to your use of TellZen. Data and Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your owner or administrator. Please check with your employer, organizational owner or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your agent, dashboard analysis, reports, and related data and content on TellZen. More on this below.
The following breakdown describes the various roles within a TellZen organization and the privileges that come with each: primary organizational owner (primary owner) > > owner (owner), administrator (administrator) > User (user). The primary organizational owner has the most control over their organization’s settings on TellZen, followed by owners and then administrators. The person who establishes the organization is considered the primary organizational owner with the most control over the account (which is why this person should be a permanent employee or executive). Organizations can have more than one owner and administrator and the primary organizational owner can be an administrator but there can be only one primary owner. Primary ownership is transferable. The primary organizational owner, owners and administrators are also users.
Employee Information we collect and receive
When using the TellZen mobile app as an employee, we do not collect any identifiable information unless the user choses to reveal themselves. We store:
- Device and TellZen app system identity
- For Apple users, th ID is randomly generated and unique upon each installation
- For Android users, this ID is a unique combination of the Application Id and Device Id
Organization Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Organizational information. When you create an organization on TellZen, we collect your phone number and/or email address (known as contact details) (as the primary owner), your organizational name, your user name that appears in your account, and password. Optionally, you can provide an email domain to allow people on that domain to sign up for your account without an invitation or individually add email addresses for people you’d like to invite to your account.
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your TellZen account is an email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name, what you do, and your phone number. Your account owner(s)/administrator(s) may request you to provide additional information about yourself in your profile, and TellZen has no control over such additional information collected. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other people in your account as described on your profile management page.
- Billing information. If you purchase a premium version of TellZen, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
- Log data. When you use TellZen, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to TellZen, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using TellZen on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- TellZen usage information. This is information about which source Agent IP address, target IP address, groups, people, features, content, and network links you interact with TellZen and with related services you use.
- Agent network and application tests. When agents collect test data from the network and applications we will communicate that service to our platform.In the event we store your sensitive personal information we take reasonable steps to protect the data.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. TellZen may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about the performance of external network and application providers.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your TellZen account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your TellZen account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your TellZen account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access TellZen through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use TellZen. TellZen sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we may use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the TellZen service. We use information you provide to authenticate you to select and execute agent tests and deliver dashboard analysis and reports to you. We use the account information, user names, passwords, and information you provide to authenticate and authorize TellZen to access and report on status, configuration, and state of the network and application you monitor as part of the service.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We collect usage data and use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. We may use and share with others as needed to improve our services aggregated and de-identified data that is no longer tied to a TellZen user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep TellZen secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you. For example, if, after, a few weeks of using TellZen we notice that agents are not collecting test data on a particular subnet we may send you a message that suggests you activate agents.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing your test use limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to TellZen users about new product features or other news about TellZen. You can opt-out of these at any time.
When you use TellZen you have control over a number of things with respect to your own privacy and choices about how your content is visible to others or not. If you are a TellZen organization owner or administrator, you have additional choices that impact your account’s privacy. Some members will not have access to all of the same choices that their owner(s) or administrator(s) do.
Choices for Users of an Organization
- If you are a User of a free organization, you may deactivate your account at any point. Deactivation of an account disables your access to the TellZen organization associated with that account but does not delete your profile or content, which are considered part of your organization’s data.
- Whether you can delete agents or change configurations of agents depends on your organization’s settings. In addition, a record of network and application tests and reports may be retained by your organization depending on the service level of your account’s settings.
- While you cannot completely delete a profile once it is created, you can update your profile information at any time and modify your email settings. You can also change your user name from time to time.
Choices for Owners and Administrators
- Owners and Administrators can manage and change most of the account settings, including user and group settings, and can modify whether or when users reconfigure or delete agents and reports. Owners and Administrators can also remove members from a group, deactivate users, but not delete users from the service. Owners and Administrators can administer billing within the service.
- Only a primary organizational owner can deactivate the account or delete a user from the service.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- TellZen does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when network and application tests and related content and other user information may be shared by TellZen. This section discusses only how TellZen may share user information. Organizations that use TellZen may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through TellZen. TellZen may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect TellZen and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or TellZen; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
- About you with your organization or administrator(s).
- We may share your email address and team name with your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization (we’re not talking about free web-based email providers like Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail) we may disclose that email address and associated team names to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses TellZen and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. Please do not use a work email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this kind of sharing.
- In addition, there may be times when you contact TellZen to help resolve an issue specific to a group you are a member of. To help resolve the issue, we may need to share your concern with your administrator. When possible, we will try to mask or remove any identifying information before sharing these communications.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective TellZen customer the average number of agent tests and reports sent within a TellZen group in a day or may partner with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about collecting network data. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
TellZen takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the TellZen service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps consider the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In addition, we follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
TellZen is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use TellZen after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Using the Services from outside the United States
Ananya Technologies, Inc., 333 Victory Rd, Quincy, MA 02171